Tuesday 26 June 2012

T's Story: "They threatened to drive me completely insane".

It all started in January 2007.  I went to bed with a sudden feeling of severe dread that someone was out to get me.  I actually didn't go to sleep that night.  The voices talked me into thinking that I was being possessed which caused me to check myself into a mental health facility, during which time they continued to verbally abuse and denigrate me, saying I was worthless and that they were going to kill me.

My parents had to come and get me out.  Shortly after my release, the sleep deprivation continued (they simply talk loudly to me throughout the night), leaving me barely functional at work, leading ultimately to my resignation and loss of my job.  They commanded me to destroy much of my computer equipment and personal ID (driver’s license, social insurance card), which I did after they threatened to drive me completely insane.

They can impose feelings of nausea on me to disrupt my mood and sleep.  They can cause me to see visual hallucinations and they completely control my dreams every night.  They still wake me up every hour after 2 am.  They can also make me fall asleep.  They can make my fingers and face muscles twitch.  They can make you gag.

No comments:

Post a Comment