Friday 29 June 2012

P's Story: "My full recovery aimed at harmonising four areas".

I found myself in psychiatric hospital quite unexpectedly.  At that time I was a complex-ridden young man with an exact mind and idealistic attitude to the world.  My family lacked love and the atmosphere was cold and grim.

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and three times a day was given painful injections with enormous doses. Slowly, I started coming back to reality but I rebelled, feeling that my problems could not be cured solely by medical treatment. 

I was only taking medicines, which made me feel very ill.  When after two years I tried to give the drugs up, strange thoughts and mystic experiences returned.  I was taken to mental hospital for the second time.

To sum up, I can state that my full recovery was based on activities aimed at
harmonising four areas:

·         Body – diet, hygiene, sport.
·         Mind – widening of consciousness, visualisation, astrology, foreign languages.
·         Emotions – love, forgiveness, courage, tolerance.
·         Spirit – faith, meditation, prayer.

The most important thing though was the decision for a healthy and responsible life, what I had been striving for over all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment